September 8, 2018 - Orlando, FL
The Masonry Association of Florida (MAF) held its annual Masonry Apprentice competition and Fastest Trowel on the Block competition on Saturday, September 8, 2018 at the Florida’s Best Block plant in Orlando, Florida.
The following apprentices were found to be the best in the state:
1st Year Apprentice Winners:
· 3rd Place - Dominic Lindsey – MCAF - K & D Construction
· 2nd Place - Tyler Austin - Central FL - Trinity Contractors, Inc.
· 1st Place - Ruddy Alvarez - Central FL - Trinity Contractors, Inc.
2nd Year Apprentice Winners:
· 3rd Place - Wildy Lozandier - SE Chapter - Coastal Masonry
· 2nd Place - Ruben Ramirez - SWFL MAF - Westcoast Structural
· 1st Place - Randall Pepevnik - MCAF - Pardue Masonry
3rd Place Apprentice Winners:
· 3rd Place - Jabari Francis - SE Chapter -Coastal Masonry
· 2nd Place - Jake Franklin - MCAF - E.L. Shearer C & M
· 1st Place - Kenny Tilghman - MCAF - Billy G & L Masonry
In addition to bragging rights, the winners were awarded cash prizes and our generous sponsors donated tool bags full of masonry tools to the winners.
The MAF's Fastest Trowel on the Block, with six Florida teams competing, was also held on Saturday, September 8 at Florida's Best Block in Orlando.
The team from Pascal Robertson Masonry, Inc., Irvin Willoughby (Mason) and Lawrence Singleton (Tender) took home the grand prize and the opportunity to represent Florida at the MCAA's Fastest Trowel on the Block national competition held in Las Vegas in early 2019.
The other winning teams were:
All of the winners were honored at the Saturday night MAF Masonry Excellence Banquet. Congratulations to all who participated and thank you to all of our very generous sponsors!
Thank you 2018 MAF Sponsors!
MASONRY CONSTRUCTION & INSPECTION WORKSHOP